Deezer is a global music streaming service with over 73 million of tracks and a leading presence in 200 countries.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 550 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just an internship, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
How about you?
The Core Applications Startup is responsible for developing and maintaining the core features of all our applications on the main B2C platforms and providing robust technical solutions that empower the creation, by other teams, of great features and excellent user experiences. Our role is also to ensure we deliver a state of the art audio experience to the millions of people enjoying our product every day.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with a passion for technology and product quality. We aim at strengthening the mobile iOS team with a creative and innovative problem-solver, who is able to cope with a challenging environment. If you want to work on an app with big audience and help millions of iOS users listening to their favorite artists all over the world, then join the team!
What you will do:
- Improve our "core" player (based on AVAudioEngine ) to allow our users to listen to music seamlessly. You will work on various subjects / problematics such as: optimise our player for low bandwidth, keep our "time to play" as low as possible, add missing features, etc...
- Add, improve and maintain "modules" shared across all Deezer apps through Swift Package Manager (i.e storage, network, logs...)
- Advocate good practices to other iOS developers
- Ensure that all written code and architecture is high quality, scalable, and performant
- Take initiative in refactoring and to keep things simple
- Help others teams, mainly to answer questions about "our" modules (how they are working) but also about tools / CI, build errors, crashes...
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming and architecture in a mobile environment
- At least 5 years of experience in building iOS applications
- Experience with Objective-C and Swift
- Experience in understanding large and complex code bases
- Proficient, autonomous and rigorous
- Problem solving mindset
Life @ Deezer Paris
- Start-up environment and philosophy
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
- In-house Deezer Sessions with your favorite artists, gig tickets
- Hackathons & meetups
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!