Music uplifts, it makes us get up and dance, it adds colour to life. Here at Deezer, it fuels everything we do. If you want an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you're in the right place. Behind the code and the pixels is the team. From all over the world, with diverse talents and skills, we're building something incredible – together.
How about you?
Join our Tooling team and contribute to shaping the future of Deezer for millions of users worldwide. Split between Paris and Bordeaux, our mission is to empower other internal Deezer teams to do their best work. We create tools and automation to help them focus on high value work.
We are looking for a QA Automation Software Engineer with a passion for technology and product quality.
You will do 50% of manual tests and 50% of creation/maintenance of automated tests the first month to learn our product and our platform, and after you will move on to (almost) full time creation of automated tests on a dedicated project defined and planned with your manager.
What you will do ?
- Continually ensure the quality and reliability of internal Deezer tools by performing non-regression tests.
- Plan and perform manual, UI, logs and API tests, write improve & maintain test cases and analyse automated test results.
- Work hand in hand with the team: interact closely with your team members to understand the ongoing projects and technical challenges.
- Get involved in the cross-team QA processes and participate actively in the QA Community of Practice.
- Monitor the automated test runs and maintain our technical stacks.
- Propose and develop technical and performance enhancements for our automated tests stacks.
- Develop new ways to automatically test our platforms.
- Participate in all the Agile rituals in place: daily meetings, sprint plannings, sprint retrospectives, post-mortems, etc.
What we are looking for?
- Real motivation for quality assurance problematic and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Java programming language.
- You are familiar with tools such as Jira, Postman, HipTest, etc.
- If possible, a previous experience with Selenium WebDriver and/or Appium.
Internship @ Deezer Engineering
At Deezer Engineering, you're not a part of the interns group. You're simply a part of the engineering team. However, we've prepared a plan to help you kickstart your career:
- A real-life project, from start to finish: you'll work on a project that will be launched in production before your internship finish,
- An onboarding to introduce you to all the jobs needed to make the Deezer product: UX&Design, Mobile development, Web development, Product Management, Agile project management, etc.
- Regular one-to-one with one of our Lead Developer to talk about how your internship is going, and answer your questions,
- Books to sharpen your skills: lot of technical books available for everyone to read them,
- Several "Tech Lunches": Assist to short presentations given by fellow Deezer employees, on a broad range of subjects. You can even propose a talk yourself!