Just Hack it!
With 73 millions of tracks and a presence in 180 countries, Deezer is the most personal music streaming service in the world.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 600 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We dare to challenge the status quo and believe innovation is part of our DNA.
Deezer at a glance
- 16M active users
- 180+ countries
- 90M tracks
- 100M playlists
- 50+ Deezer Editors
The Data Platform team is embedded within the Core Product Startup which builds and maintains Deezer’s applications.
The Data Platform mission is to provide Deezer teams with trusted data, innovative data solutions that are easy to use and understand. It plays a key role, being responsible for the storage, processing, and exploration of all data collected at Deezer. We work on processing terabytes of data each day, enabling data scientists and analysts to retrieve valuable information from historical and real-time data in a resource-effective way.
As a Team Manager you will:
- Lead a talented and motivated technical team
- Ensure the technical work is following the industry standard
- Inspire, drive and develop the talents
- Work closely with the Product managers and the Engineering Managers
- Work closely with the technical leaders of every stacks
- Contribute and follow-up the current initiatives your team is working on
More especially as the leader of the Data Platform team you will:
- Ensure the quality of the data platform
- Make sure it answers the requirements of its users
- Ensure the quality of our code and the scalability of our architecture
- Contribute to the Community of Practice to engage data users
- Ensure our data solutions are cost effective with respect to the FinOps state-of-art
- Work closely with the Head of Data Engineering
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in a data engineering positions, ideally including 1+ year of team management
- Ability to interact with stakeholders with different levels of technical expertise
- Must be proactive, self-driven and organised
- Strong knowledge with cloud architectures (Google Cloud Platform preferable) and big data technologies
- Strong engineering skills (code design and quality, tests, reviews, logging, monitoring, continuous integration, DevOps)
- Proficient in at least one programming language within Python, Scala and Java
- Fluent in English and French
You can work up to 10 days per month remotely (= 50% of the time)
LIFE @ DEEZER PARIS
- Start-up environment and philosophy.
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation.
- In-house Deezer Sessions with your favourite artists, gig tickets.
- Hackathons & meetups.
- Friday drinks, summer and winter parties.
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks.
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags, guitars and table football.
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces.
- Gym access, with lunch-time yoga, pilates and thai boxing classes.
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.