Paris, IDF, FranceFull-time
We are music and tech fans hailing from all over the globe, working to make Deezer the most personal music streaming service. From data scientists to tech experts, artists & labels specialists to marketers, and even in-house music editors, our team is spreading the love for music to over 180 countries. Supporting local and international artists and bringing them closer to their fans is our mission - we believe music is about diversity, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? We're all ears.
You will become a member of the group tax team currently composed of one tax Senior and one tax Director. The tax Director reports directly to the Group Chief Financial Officer.
● You will be able to deal with all domestic and foreign tax topics, including both direct and indirect taxes
● One of your tasks will be to help operational teams and business legal department with tax analysis (WHT, VAT, other) of various types of BtB agreements and suggest wording of tax clauses. You will also be analysing new development projects from a tax perspective.
● You will be in charge of French R&D tax credit under the supervision of the Tax Director.
● You will participate to M&A projects by contributing to the structuring of acquisitions and the performance of tax due diligence.
● Also, you will take care of some tax aspects connected with Deezer subsidiaries established in that zone (structuring of flows; transfer pricing topics; follow-up of tax audits; local CIT/VAT topics…).
● You will participate to the drafting & deployment of tax processes within the group.
● Internal tax watch: the Junior will be in charge of the drafting of tax alerts & will make oral presentations of tax topics within the tax department or to other Deezer SA departments / entities.
Desired mind set:
● You are curious and dare to expand your knowledge across different areas;
● You are dynamic and have a good team spirit;
● You have good analytical skills and learned to make rigorous technical researches;
● You are able to make clear and rigorous oral/written feedback from your technical researches;
● You are organized and take initiative to ease progress through the multiple tasks;
● You have good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to navigate easily through different people internally and with Deezer counterparts.
● University Master’s degree in French tax law, with or without a Master in Business.
● Robust knowledge in English is a prerequisite given the multicultural DNA of Deezer (English is the official Deezer language) and given that Deezer is exposed to international tax topics.
● Good level in Spanish or German would be a plus.
What kind of experience we are looking for:
● A sound experience of at least 2 years in tax consulting, as a lawyer (internships not included)
● Experience in French corporate income tax matters and in VAT matters.
● Experience in international tax matters is a prerequisite (interpretation of tax treaties, analysis of international flows for WHT, knowledge of OECD/Beps developments)
Life @ Deezer HQ :
We are an equal opportunity employer