WE ARE THE HOME OF MUSIC
From a French tech start-up created in 2007, Deezer has become one of the first French unicorns and the second largest independent music streaming platform in the world.
Now listed at the #Euronext #TechLeaders segment, growth is accelerating fueled by #Thepowerofmusic. Deezer is ideally positioned to play a key role in the continued development of the booming music streaming market. If you’re looking for an environment where you can grow and have an impact, this is the perfect time to join Deezer!
Our international and passionate teams are spreading the love for music, working to make Deezer the most personal and innovative music streaming service.
We believe music is about diversity & inclusion, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? Listen: **Join Us**
How about you?
We are looking for a Backend Technical Expert to join the Payment team and take it to the next level. The position consists of 3 main missions:
- as a Stack Expert, you will mentor and help Backend Engineers to grow their technical expertise and drive team’s adoption of stack standards
- as a Technical Lead, you will be the bridge between the Backend’s Community Of Practices and your team, to represent it, while ensuring the stack’s projects are not left behind
- as an Individual Contributor, you will work on challenging projects, as part of the Payment team, which objective is to be Deezer’s billing service, allowing the processing of millions of payments each month, in a reliable and smooth way
What you will do:
By joining Deezer and the Payment team, you will:
- Work on Deezer's financial backbone: the Payment Engine, at the Core of Deezer’s business model and on the critical path to its success
- Integrate new payment solutions, design and build new features related to fraud management, and other exciting projects that support the company’s objectives
- Evolve CI/CD and deployment processes to improve team efficiency while maintaining a high level of security & quality
- Collaborate with Business, Product, and other engineers to continuously improve the current platform and build the vision of the future one
- Build the technical stack’s vision / code standards along with other stack Leads and evangelize them within teams
- Drive initiatives to improve technical architecture and team efficiency, while ensuring their purpose & effects and well understood
- Support Engineering Managers in growing technical expertise and fostering knowledge sharing within teams
What we are looking for:
- You are open-minded, you love to give your opinion and to listen to the ideas of your colleagues
- You want to share things with your colleagues and participate in the team's life with your good mood
- You are proactive in identifying opportunities to improve team’s efficiency by adopting new technologies, programming languages, tools, or architecture principles
- You are not afraid of working on both homemade frameworks and industry ones
- You have previous experience in transforming a monolithic architecture to Service-oriented one
- You are DevOps-minded and like to build and maintain a CI/CD, with a proven experience on Docker & Kubernetes
- Knowledge of GO, Rust, GraphQL, or Event Sourcing architecture is a big plus
- 5+ years of experience in building high-traffic applications using PHP
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming, SOLID principles, and architecture in a Backend environment
- Experience in working on large and complex code bases at scale
- Proven experience in building and maintaining high-traffic applications in production
- A mindset focused on code performance & quality
- Confidence with unit and functional testing. Experience with TDD is a plus
- Good communication skills and the capacity to adapt to non-technical interlocutors
- At ease in teamwork, familiar with agile methodology and pair-programming
- Autonomous and rigorous behavior, committed to achieving goals
- Ability to learn, to be creative and innovative when facing challenges
- Fluent in writing well-documented procedures and expressing opinions using English
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
LIFE AT DEEZER
At Deezer, you can be your true self as we believe that #everyvoicematters. We strive to build an inclusive culture and foster a diverse environment. Because we care and want to ensure each employee feels welcome and safe at work, we continuously focus on fighting biases and helping diverse teams work well together multiple learning opportunities, e-learnings and workshops right from the onboarding :
- Regular Diversity & Inclusion internal and external talks
- Dedicated employee work streams on Gender equity, Ethnicity & Culture, Disability and LGBTQ+
- Multiple e-learnings and mandatory training sessions for all managers
- English and French courses for all, so that everyone can connect and feel included
Beyond benefits like health insurance, meal vouchers, transportation, we offer you extra perks like:
- A Deezer premium family account for free
- Access to gym classes
- Deezer parties several times a year and drinks every thursday
- Allowance for sports travelling and culture …
- Great offices always located in dynamic and attractive districts, whether in Paris, London, Berlin or Sao Paulo!
If you want to learn more about life and culture at Deezer, please visit our Welcome to the Jungle page here!