We are P.O.P.
With 53 millions of tracks and a presence in 180 countries, Deezer is the most personal music streaming service in the world.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 500 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We are P.O.P.: Passionate + Optimistic + Proud. Nothing can stop us!
How about you?
The Artist Marketing Manager encourages and enables artists and labels to partner closely with Deezer in artist development. You will design and implement powerful marketing campaigns and maintain positive industry relationships.
What you will do:
As Dance/Electronic artist marketing manager, your main responsibilities will be:
- Daily work together with (independent) Dance labels, managers and artists to maintain and develop curator and takeover projects and function as a connection between these partners and Deezer’s editorial team.
- Set up Dance & Electronic content related CRM and oversee PR campaigns and bring unique content closer to its (potential) fans.
- Work hand in hand with Deezer’s Global Dance & Electronic editor to develop and initiate new projects tailored for Dance fans.
- Evangelise about Deezer to labels, aggregators and artist management companies, explaining the product and Deezer’s reach.
- Leverage artist, artist management and label relationships to implement impactful artist marketing campaigns that will appeal to both existing and new users
- Identify the right artist releases in the genre to run Artist Marketing campaigns that will maximise user engagement and streams as well as brand awareness for Deezer.
- Organise pitch process with the rest of the Global AM team for playlisting and priority release schedule and communicate this to editorial team.
- Discuss suitability of releases with editorial team regarding playlisting and then negotiate with label and artist teams to secure artist support and involvement.
- Ensure Deezer is included in all artist/label general links to music where other music streaming companies are listed.
- Plan and execute Deezer artist events and content and negotiate and confirm artist involvement and support.
- Continually monitor user data and apply it to achieve maximum impact in artist marketing activities
- Liaise with Special Operations & Partnerships Manager in the AM team to help drive and execute opportunities with third parties.
- Leverage company user data to monitor the impact of marketing activities on core business KPIs
- Work cross functionally with other internal teams to fulfill artist marketing goals
- Maintain excellent relationships with Deezer offices and personnel in other countries and take their needs into consideration in regards to artist marketing projects
- Maintain proactive interdepartmental communications to ensure all stakeholders in a project are kept informed e.g. territories, editorial, acquisitions, social, PR, CRM, ad sales, product, brand/studio, partnerships etc.
- Direct artist marketing campaigns from initial pitch to completion and ensure maximum artist participation at every stage
- Record and track the status of all campaigns within our project management system and create detailed reports of all activities
What we are looking for:
- Deep knowledge of mainstream and underground Dance & Electronic music (both recent and historically), its sub-genres and key-players in these scenes.
- Extensive knowledge of Dance & Electronic fans, their needs and the DJ space
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and motivated to fully complete all tasks that a project may require
- Ability to craft and deliver professional-level presentations
- Well organized, with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines
- A willingness to work odd hours and weekends - the music business is a 24/7 industry
- A network of music industry contacts - rights holders, managers, agents, promoters and artists - that you will maintain constant contact with in order to identify artist marketing opportunities, with a focus on the Dance & Electronic music.
- Strong understanding of music industry supply chain processes and label and repertoire owner set up.
- Good analytical skills and ability to interpret and apply data
- You are abreast of the latest artists, releases, and music industry and technology news
- Full professional proficiency in English - proficiency in other European languages a bonus.
LIFE @ DEEZER PARIS
- Start-up environment and philosophy
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
- In-house Deezer Sessions with your favorite artists, gig tickets
- Hackathons & meetups
- Friday drinks, summer and winter parties
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags, guitars and table football
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces
- Gym access, with lunch-time yoga, pilates and thai boxing classes
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.