Believe in Better !
Deezer is a global music streaming service with over 53 millions of tracks and a leading presence in over 180 countries, with 14 million monthly active users.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 500 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We believe in better product, better speed and better people.
How about you?
We are currently looking for an experienced Legal & Business Affairs Manager to join our Legal Team!
The team is responsible for providing legal support, advice and risk assessment to all teams. This comprises drafting and negotiation of all contracts relating to Deezer's commercial activities throughout the world and the support and follow-up of pre-litigation and litigation cases in that respect.
What you will do:
- Drafting and negotiating distribution, partnerships, acquisition of rights agreements both for Deezer's B2C and B2B activities
- Securing compliance of the business with intellectual property, competition, privacy and consumer protection regulations
- Providing legal advice and risk assessment to other teams
What we are looking for:
- You have a Master’s Degree in IP/ITM
- 7+ years experience in IP/ITM similar position, whether in a law firm or in-house
- Strong understanding of tech, web and mobile environment
- You’ve got good technical reflexes in order to facilitate team work
- Strategic thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Driven and self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- You are highly skilled in negotiation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in English and French, ability to interact with third parties and cross-functional teams internally
Life @ Deezer
Depending on the country you’ll be working in, you will find several of the following perks:
- Start-up environment and philosophy
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
- Hackathons & meetups
- Friday drinks, summer and winter parties
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags, guitars and table football
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces
- Gym access at Deezer HQ with lunch-time yoga, pilates and boxing classes
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.