Paris, Île-de-France, FranceFull-time
Just Hack it!
With 53 millions of tracks and a presence in 180 countries, Deezer is the most personal music streaming service in the world.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 500 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We dare to challenge the status quo and believe innovation is part of our DNA.
The world’s most valuable resource is no longer oil, but data.
Data is at the core of what we do - that is why our business & product decisions are always based on data.
The mission of the data engineering team is to develop & maintain world-class large scale distributed systems & tools ensuring that we collect, store and are able to access our data in the most efficient way.
You will work on different technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Hive and Spark as well as Cloud technologies, dealing with various business-critical datasets like payment, users activity & listening, music catalog and many more.
As a member of the team you will democratize data access and provide guidance across the company to ensure the correct use of data.
What you will do
- Participate actively on the deployment of most of Deezer data pipelines into a cloud provider. You will be able to work closely with data engineers and support the development of new data features from end-to-end.
- Ensure the stability of the data platform and the comfortable exploration of internal Data warehouse by other data-scientists or analysts.
- Setup the best development environment for other data developers at Deezer on a cloud environment.
- Communicate the work of our team inside and outside Deezer
You fancy to know more about the cool projects the data Team is working on, check this article out : https://deezer.io/akka-as-a-bridge-between-rest-and-kafka-acfe6194c202
- At least 5 years experience as DevOps/Hadoop Sysadmin.
- Experience with public cloud deployments (AWS, GCP), containers (Kubernetes, etc), and additionally, experience with cloud related data services (Bigquery, Redshift or Snowflake) is profoundly welcome!
- Experience in managing/monitoring data-viz components (e.g Tableau, Looker or Periscope).
- Proficient in at least one programming language within Python. Other languages such as Scala, Java will be greatly appreciated.
- Must be proactive, self-directed and organized.
- Fluent in English and French.
LIFE @ DEEZER PARIS
- Start-up environment and philosophy
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
- In-house Deezer Sessions with your favorite artists, gig tickets
- Hackathons & meetups
- Friday drinks, summer and winter parties
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags, guitars and table football
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces
- Gym access, with lunch-time yoga, pilates and thai boxing classes
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.