Just Hack it!
Deezer is a global music streaming service with over 53 millions of tracks and a leading presence in over 180 countries, with 14 million monthly active users.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 500 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We dare to challenge the status quo and believe innovation is part of our DNA.
How about you?
Reporting to our Chief Product & Content Office, your role as our VP Artist Marketing is to ensure that labels and artist management view Deezer as a major global streaming partner.
Also, manage the central global Artist Marketing team composed of 8 people based in London & Paris.
What you will do?
- Set global Artist Marketing strategy for Deezer
- Oversight and sign-off on all Artist Marketing budgets worldwide.
- Lead relationships with artist management, label and distributor partners across all repertoire owners globally.
- Integrate country regional teams into the overall Artist Marketing strategic vision to streamline and synchronise global campaigns. Liaise with Head of Editorial & Artist Marketing personnel in local markets to provide feedback and guidance on their Artist Marketing strategies, budgets, and regional Artist Marketing hires.
- Provide stakeholder feedback to Product team on artist and label tools e.g. Backstage, artist profiles
- Increase artist and label awareness of Deezer as a global brand.
- Oversee Deezer NEXT programme worldwide and ensure that teams are developing artists and increasing user engagement, streams and fanbase growth in Deezer for these artists.
- Oversee team to source & produce original content from major creators, including channel curation, podcasts and short-form videos, and unique live tracks, including music syncs for ATL & BTL marketing activities.
- Oversee artist integration/activations for third-party partners.
- Evangelise and advocate on Deezer strategic priorities e.g. UCPS with artist/artist management communities
What we are looking for :
- Demonstrable strength in creative leadership and strategy, including the ability to develop Artist Marketing strategy and deliver execution;
- Strong and demonstrable data-driven approach to strategy (managing relevant KPIs, ROI…)
- Extensive music industry contacts and relationships across the business from rights holders, artist management, publishers etc.
- An understanding of the Deezer market and cultural empathy with the audience
- Clarity of vision coupled with self-assurance, confidence and the ability to think quickly and rigorously, and to execute and deliver;
- Strong people leadership and influencing skills; ability to deliver strategies and campaigns that work across multiple geographies;
- Thrives in a team setting with clear leadership skills to motivate, energize and develop the team, forge a collaborative spirit and engender trust and respect across the business;
- Entrepreneurial drive and energy, independent thinking and resourcefulness;
- Experience in music or related medium
- International profile with foreign language ability
Life @ Deezer Paris
- Start-up environment and philosophy
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
- In-house Deezer Sessions with your favorite artists, gig tickets
- Hackathons & meetups
- Friday drinks, summer and winter parties
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags, guitars and table football
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces
- Gym access at Deezer HQ with lunch-time yoga, pilates and boxing classes
- Start-up environment and philosophy
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.