Paris, Île-de-France, FranceFull-time
Just Hack it!
With 53 millions of tracks and a presence in 180 countries, Deezer is the most personal music streaming service in the world.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 500 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We dare to challenge the status quo and believe innovation is part of our DNA.
The world’s most valuable resource is no longer oil, but data.
Data is at the core of what we do - that is why our business & product decisions are always based on data.
The mission of the data engineering team is to develop & maintain world-class large scale distributed systems & tools ensuring that we collect, store and are able to access our data in the most efficient way.
You will work on different technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Hive and Spark as well as Cloud technologies, dealing with various business-critical datasets like payment, users activity & listening, music catalog and many more.
As a member of the team you will democratize data access and provide guidance across the company to ensure the correct use of data.
What you will do
- Participate actively on the development and modernization of Deezer business pipelines. You will be in charge to build an architecture allowing people to do cross-analysis (batch & real time) by enriching our data lake with external data (ad server, google analytics, acquisition campaign costs, ...).
- Ensure performant exploration of internal Data warehouse by exploiting different ways to expose our data to other data-scientists or analysts as well as to Deezer’s business stakeholders.
- Communicate the work of our team inside and outside Deezer
You fancy to know more about the cool projects the data Team is working on, check this article out : https://deezer.io/akka-as-a-bridge-between-rest-and-kafka-acfe6194c202
- At least 5 years of experience with software development. You use Java/Scala as weapon of choice and is passionate about it. Other languages such as Python or Java, are a plus.
- Experience on working with business/marketing data and people. You know how to develop tech solutions from business needs.
- Experience on writing ETLs using technologies such as Spark. Knowing how to play with other data frameworks is greatly appreciated.
- Must be proactive, organized and enjoying digging into large codebases.
- Fluent in English and French.
LIFE @ DEEZER PARIS
- Start-up environment and philosophy
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
- In-house Deezer Sessions with your favorite artists, gig tickets
- Hackathons & meetups
- Friday drinks, summer and winter parties
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags, guitars and table football
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces
- Gym access, with lunch-time yoga, pilates and thai boxing classes
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.