Just Hack it!
With 53 millions of tracks and a presence in 180 countries,
Deezer is the most personal music streaming service in the world.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 500 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We dare to challenge the status quo and believe innovation is part of our DNA.
How about you?
Join the Core Applications Team and be part of Deezer's next steps. We develop every component needed by other teams in order to add great features to our product. We work on very technical tasks that may not be the sexiest, but are vital for Deezer.
What you will do:
As a QA Lead you will drive a team of three QA Analysts. Your own responsibilities will be :
- Manage all the quality-related activities on the CoreApps startup: communicate with all teams, prioritise tasks, always be an unbent herald for the good quality practices.
- Apply and improve the existing processes, find innovative ways to enhance the quality of the CoreApps features. Work closely with your team to refine the QA needs and defend them on every project.
- Be implicated in all decisions regarding the quality of the CoreApps team delivery: involve yourself in every developer teams daily work, find efficient ways to reconcile high quality standards with development milestones. Be at the heart of the decision making for every subject that involves the CoreQA Team.
- Work closely with the Product and Design teams. Be aware of the product guidelines and delivery targets and take them in account in your own team planning. Develop innovative strategies to give constructive feedback to Product and Design teams, and include them in the quality process.
- Participate in all the Agile rituals in place: daily, sprint plannings, sprint retrospectives, post-postmortems and ensure that your team always has the relevant information. Organise your team for the Quarter Planning every three months.
- Be an active part of the life of the Deezer QA Community (more than twenty QA Analysts and Leads): present your ideas during global weekly meetings with the QA COP (“Community of Practice”), challenge existing processes, make concerted decisions that will impact the whole QA community. Work with the others QA Leads in order to improve and smooth the QA workflows.
- Take care of your CoreQA team: organise regular meetings and 1-1. Help them learn, progress and improve themselves. Always maintain the best mood in the CoreQA team and the best relationships with the other CoreApps and QA teams.
Life @ Deezer Paris
- Start-up philosophy.
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation.
- Opportunities to share your love for music (in-house bands, gigs, piano, guitars…).
- Hackathons & meetups.
- Friday drinks, summer and winter parties.
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks.
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags and table football.
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces.
- Gym access at Deezer HQ with lunch-time yoga, pilates and boxing classes.
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.