Believe in Better !
With 53 million tracks and a presence in over 180 countries, Deezer is the most personal music streaming service in the world.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 500 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We believe in better product, better speed and better people.
How about you?
As a Publishing Manager, you will be part of the the Music Rights Acquisition team, which is made up of 15 people specialised in several areas such as Reporting, Recording, Publishing and Catalogue Ingestion. The team works closely with the legal department who draft contracts and help in the finalisation of commercial negotiations.
You will maintain relationships and negotiate with collecting rights societies and publishers all around the world. You will also work closely with the following departments: Business Affairs/Legal, Royalties/Reporting, Accounting/Finance, and Business Development.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with publishers and Collective Management Organisations.
- Negotiate license terms with publishers and CMOs for both Direct to Consumer and B2B agreements.
- Work with Accounting/Finance to prepare and evaluate margins and results of publishing deals.
- Collaborate with the Head of Publishing on global strategy and process improvements.
- Conduct regular business reviews with publishers/CMOs.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with the teams both in France and internationally.
What we are looking for:
- Business or law degree.
- Strong knowledge of music publishing and the music business in general.
- 5-10 years of experience in the music industry, including experience in music publishing.
- English mandatory, French language is a plus.
- Strong account management and negotiation experience.
- Attention to detail, ability to consistently find pragmatic solutions to complicated problems and distil details into actionable advice.
- Good communication skills, solid judgement.
- Ability to work well independently and to collaborate positively within a fast changing environment.
- Proficiency in Power Point and Excel.
Life @ Deezer
Depending on the country you’ll be working in, you will find several of the following perks:
- Start-up environment and philosophy.
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation.
- In-house Deezer Sessions with your favorite artists, gig tickets.
- Hackathons & meetups.
- Friday drinks, summer and winter parties.
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks.
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags, guitars and table football.
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces.
- Gym access at Deezer HQ with lunch-time yoga, pilates and boxing classes.
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.