Just Hack it!
With 53 millions of tracks and a presence in 180 countries, Deezer is the most personal music streaming service in the world.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 500 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We challenge the status quo in music streaming and believe innovation is part of our DNA.
How about you?
Public Relations at Deezer is essential for raising brand awareness and communicating externally what makes us different and unique as an industry leader.
As a Public Relations Manager for Deezer Americas, you will be the main PR lead looking after press and media relations in both North and South America. You will be responsible for securing press coverage in English and Spanish primarily focused on tech, music, consumer and lifestyle outlets including print, broadcast, online and radio. The successful candidate will have relationships with key media such as journalists, producers, bloggers, influencers and creators.
If you’re a music fan who understands the digital landscape and loves new technology, then you’re in the right place.
What will you do?
- Pitch relevant news to media in both US and LATAM markets by identifying the right opportunities to tell our story.
- Proactively develop and pitch story opportunities to media outside of existing company announcements including data analysis, research and newsjacking.
- Write and distribute media and press materials to target audiences in English and Spanish.
- Manage local teams and/or agencies for all external announcements, features and news primarily in the US and LATAM (CO, MX and AR).
- Find relevant speaking opportunities for executives in the Americas.
- Communicate on a regular basis with key journalists and media to maintain relationships.
- Coordinate press releases with the global central communications team, including local translations and distribution in the Americas region.
- Work closely with the global central PR team to identify and proactively address any potential issues that may impact the company´s reputation or business.
- Develop and execute internal PR launches, events and initiatives throughout the Americas.
- Liaise directly with external B2B and B2C partners for announcements, campaigns and event opportunities.
- Generate positive coverage in all forms of media: print, TV, online and radio.
- Consistently hit agreed PR and media-related KPIs.
- Ensure press materials, public stats, company background, bios and messaging are consistently up-to-date.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years relevant working experience in consumer public relations in or related to technology, music and digital.
- Proven track record of developing a successful PR and Communications roadmap aligned with a global strategy ideally in the US, US Hispanic and Latin American markets.
- A proactive PR pro that can identify the right story opportunities without much hand-holding with a can-do attitude.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Creative thinker, who can quickly solve problems and handle comms related issues.
- Ideally experience working internationally and across multiple cultures.
- Strong media contacts in both B2B and B2C in both English and Spanish outlets.
- Fluent and comfortable speaking in business English and Spanish, with the ability to handle complex negotiations, contracts and translate as needed. Other languages are a plus.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- College graduate who has ideally earned a B.A Degree in PR, Business or related fields.
- Experience with software tools and programs including Powerpoint, Excel, JIRA and/or Tableau a plus.
Life @ Deezer
Depending on the country you’ll be working in, you will find several of the following perks:
- Start-up philosophy
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
- Opportunities to share your love for music (in-house bands, gigs, piano, guitars…)
- Hackathons & meetups
- Friday drinks, summer and winter parties
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags and table football
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces
- Gym access at Deezer HQ with lunch-time yoga, pilates and boxing classes
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.