Just hack it !
Deezer is a global music streaming service with over 53 millions of tracks and a leading presence in over 180 countries, with 14 million monthly active users.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 500 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We dare to challenge the status quo and believe innovation is part of our DNA.
How about you?
Music streaming is a very competitive market and you don’t have a second chance to make a good first impression. That’s why we need a Product Manager to join our team.
Deezer Product Managers work with teams of engineers and designers to build products that are recognized as best in the industry. You’ll be part of a team creating remarkable experiences that will bring joy to music lovers everywhere.We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to innovate the product roadmap and execute product initiatives across the company.
The ideal candidate will be someone skilled at working at the intersection of business, technology and user experience. You should be highly skilled at all aspects of product management - product strategy, data gathering and analysis, synthesis and prioritization of requirements, wireframing/specification writing, development cycle management, bringing apps to market and then improving them based on qualitative and quantitative user feedback. Lucky for you, it’s still a small company - you will get to do this and a lot more!
What you will do: .
- Drive product development with a cross-functional team of engineers designers, analysts and music specialists
- Research your market, your target audience and your users, and solve whatever problems they could encounter,
- Use customer insights and analytics to validate problems and solutions throughout the product development process
- Define requirements and action plans to build and optimize the user experience
- Define and analyze metrics that evaluate the success of your product
- Continuously monitor, summarize and report feedback from the user base as well as from the market/industry
What we are looking for:
We value mindset more than skillset.
- Team player: We stand strong as a team rather than as a sum of talents and are willing to accept feedback and share our know-how to deliver the best experience possible to our users.
- Great listener: You know it’s not about pushing your own ideas but about understanding the real pains our users are experiencing and finding creative ways to solve their problems, while keeping in mind the advertising market.
- Involved: Everything you create is thought, reviewed and shipped thoroughly. Your role is to make sure you closely monitor the results of your work and keep improving it through iterations over time. You move things forward.
- Opened: You know the best ideas come from sharing yours with others.
And of course :
- 4+ years of digital product management / ownership
- Be comfortable with working with developers, UX / UI, QA & Business stakeholders
- GA & A/B testing are your mother tongues
- Interest in user psychology, web marketing & business design
- Able to lead a interview with a real user, in the street if needed
- Ease at leading. Great communication and presentation skills
- Can collaborate positively within a fast changing environment
- Must be creative and self-directed
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm,
- Professional working proficiency in English
- True music fan ;)
We also like talking to people who…
- Already created & improved web journeys, getting people from unknown visitors to convinced users,
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset,
- Are interested in the latest prototyping tools like framer.js, origami…,
- Have a Github account, with some commits.
Life @ Deezer Paris
- Start-up environment and philosophy
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
- In-house Deezer Sessions with your favorite artists, gig tickets
- Hackathons & meetups
- Friday drinks, summer and winter parties
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags, guitars and table football
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces
- Gym access at Deezer HQ with lunch-time yoga, pilates and boxing classes
- Start-up environment and philosophy
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.