Just Hack it!
Deezer is a global music streaming service with over 53 millions of tracks and a leading presence in over 180 countries, with 14 million monthly active users.
Behind the code and the pixels is our team of 500 music lovers, and we’re building something incredible together. Want in? If you’re looking for an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you’re in the right place.
We dare to challenge the status quo and believe innovation is part of our DNA.
How about you?
Customer Success is a vital part of Deezer, as it is the team in charge of new user enrolment and conversion, which is how we can support our company and the artists you love. As a member of Customer Success, you will be mainly focusing on acquisition of new users and their first steps in the service, using innovative messaging and ensuring an optimised Free ad-supported experience to favour the long-term engagement into the paying service
Being responsible for the quality of a product as popular as Deezer is a challenge. As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you will be part of the global Deezer Product Department. You will be working under the QA lead and in collaboration within a team of talented engineers, and assisting the project managers with your analytical point of view and you eye for product design and quality, to help ensure the delivery of defect-free products that comply with-technical specifications and business requirements.
What you will do:
- Continually ensure the quality of Deezer products by performing non-regression tests.
- Plan and perform manual tests, write improve & maintain test cases and analyse automated test results.
- Track issues: maintain and update the backlogs of bugs, write clear and detailed bug reports, and communicate about your testing activities.
- Work hand in hand with the product, design and tech teams: interact closely with your team members to understand the ongoing projects and technical challenges.
- Master the product and your assigned projects: take complete control over these projects and think outside the box to anticipate and identify problems as soon as possible.
- Participate in AGILE / SCRUM ceremonies.
- Support the teams in last-minute highly-urgent requests, scope change and hot-fixes.
- Prioritise your work to help meet the deadlines and ship features regularly.
- Collaborate with the QA community on automation topics and help improve the overall test coverage.
- Help improve our product quality, our testing tools and our QA process efficiency.
- Perform UI, logs and API tests.
What we're looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience in Quality Assurance (min 1 year in mobile or software testing).
- Demonstrated experience in writing test requirements, and test cases.
- Real motivation for quality assurance problematic and troubleshooting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English / French).
- Aptitude for abstract thinking and high analytical skills.
- You like getting completely involved in a project, have a great team spirit and a positive attitude.
- Strong adaptability, autonomy and a problem solving mindset.
- You are familiar with tools such as Jira, Github, Postman, Charles.
- Experience in agile work environments.
- Being an ISTQB certified tester is an advantage.
- Experience with Appium, Selenium, Espresso, or XCUITest is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages such as Java or PHP is also a bonus.
Life @ Deezer Paris
- Start-up philosophy
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation
- Opportunities to share your love for music (in-house bands, gigs, piano, guitars…)
- Hackathons & meetups
- Friday drinks, summer and winter parties
- A stocked kitchen with free drinks and snacks
- Areas to relax and collaborate with beanbags and table football
- An ‘at home’ vibe, with great outdoor spaces
- Gym access at Deezer HQ with lunch-time yoga, pilates and boxing classes
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.