We are music and tech fans hailing from all over the globe, working to make Deezer the most personal music streaming service. From data scientists to tech experts, artists & labels specialists to marketers, and even in-house music editors, our team is spreading the love for music to over 180 countries. Supporting local and international artists and bringing them closer to their fans is our mission - we believe music is about diversity, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? We're all ears.
How about you?
At Deezer, we consider the prevention of churn - thus the maximization of our users' lifetime on the service - to be a cross-functional responsibility at the heart of our commercial model. To manage our global churn prevention efforts, to distill/share best-practice across regions/functions and to make sure we implement on-time/on-budget, we are looking for a data-driven and hands-on churn prevention expert. The Churn Prevention Manager is in charge of:
- understanding the drivers of churn,
- identifying mitigation actions to prevent and reduce global and local churn rates,
- supporting all regions/function at Deezer to establish and implement action plans and
- reporting back on impact and/or issues to the executive team.
The Churn Prevention Manager also provides all insights required to take informed arbitrations on major decisions impacting churn levels in the company.
To assure independence throughout the organization, the Churn Prevention Manager will report to the CEO directly.
What you will do:
The Churn Prevention Manager is accountable for facilitating transversal actions to prevent and reduce churn. As such, his/her responsibility include:
1- Analyze churn and be the subject matter expert in the company
- Building on analysis from the Deezer Data Team, create deep insights into churn patterns, both from a market- and a product-perspective
- Understand the context, reasons, and drivers of churn as well as the positive mechanics of churn prevention
- Identify and prioritize potential issues to address and current roadblocks
- Benchmark the industry (digital subscription as well as adjacent industries like media, telco, …) to get inspired by creative solutions
- Contribute to the improvement of tagging and tracking frameworks/solutions to advance the understanding of churn and/or the quality of churn analysis
2- Prepare, follow up and report on the implementation of action plans
- Pro-actively raise alerts and propose mitigation plans whenever relevant, prioritize topics together with all countries/functions to ensure resource allocation and alignment within the company to prepare for implementation
- Provide all insights required for management and executive teams involving decisions on churn prevention: key figures, potential explanations, scenarios with pros and cons, action plans and required resources, expected impact, ...
- Follow up on agreed projects: status, planning & next steps, results, potential pain points, and action plan
- Perform post mortem analysis on past actions, share best-practice and suggest improvements for the future
3- Provide regular insights to teams for day to day activities
- Provide regular insights to markets, Product, Tech, commercial, marketing, CRM… teams
- Together with the Deezer Data team, build dashboards for management and executive teams to follow up the impact of churn prevention initiatives in their divisions
- Be the contact point for teams to help them solve their issues on churn
Life @ Deezer HQ:
> Start-up environment with an at home vibe and outdoor space
> Kitchen stocked with free drinks and snacks daily
> Friday drinks & seasonal parties
> Gym access, plus yoga, pilates and boxing classes
> English and French language courses
> Hackathons & meetups
We are an equal opportunity employer