We are music and tech fans hailing from all over the globe, working to make Deezer the most personal music streaming service. From data scientists to tech experts, artists & labels specialists to marketers, and even in-house music editors, our team is spreading the love for music to over 180 countries. Supporting local and international artists and bringing them closer to their fans is our mission - we believe music is about diversity, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? We're all ears.
How about you?
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Data Science team and help further develop Deezer’s data-driven mindset.
We are part of the BI and Data Analytics team, which mission is to find the correct levers within the product to further drive Deezer’s growth. Through our analysis and predictions tools, we ensure Deezer is fitting our users’ needs.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will use machine learning & statistics, working on various subjects such as user inactivity detection to financial forecasting through fraud detection, turning hundreds of terabytes of data into insights and predictions.
What you will do:
- Be part of our data warehouse project, making data available to everyone at Deezer.
- Work closely with Tech, Product, Finance, Marketing… translating their needs into data projects, evangelize them on our methodology and follow-up on the delivered projects.
- Dig into our mountains of data (Hadoop Cluster: Hive/Spark,Python…) finding the needle in the haystack.
- Be one of our tech ambassadors: write functional and optimized codes (Spark/Scala, Python), help team members do the same, do technological watch, challenge our production pipeline and contribute to the test process.
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience of data science or computer science, with a degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or any quantitative discipline.
- Mathematical/machine learning background with the ability to understand & implement distributed algorithms.
- You already deployed machine learning modelling in production and were comfortable with the entire pipeline.
- Proficient with one or more of the following: Scala/Spark, Python. (Experience of functional code is not essential, but definitely a plus!)
- Affinity for business, product and user experience.
- Ability to clearly communicate data analyses results to end users.
- Interest in technology watch.
- Experience in Agile Processes, Test Driven Development and Framework design would be a plus.
Life @ Deezer HQ
- Start-up environment with an at home vibe and outdoor space
- Kitchen stocked with free drinks and snacks daily
- Friday drinks & seasonal parties
- Gym access, plus yoga, pilates and boxing classes
- English and French language courses
- Hackathons & meetups
We are an equal opportunity employer