WE ARE THE HOME OF MUSIC
From a French tech start-up created in 2007, Deezer has become one of the first French unicorns and the second largest independent music streaming platform in the world.
Now listed at the #Euronext #TechLeaders segment, growth is accelerating fueled by #Thepowerofmusic. Deezer is ideally positioned to play a key role in the continued development of the booming music streaming market. If you’re looking for an environment where you can grow and have an impact, this is the perfect time to join Deezer!
Our international and passionate teams are spreading the love for music, working to make Deezer the most personal and innovative music streaming service.
We believe music is about diversity & inclusion, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? Listen: **Join Us**
You are part of the Accounting team and you report to a manager. Your main responsibilities relate to a portfolio of music label companies and right collecting companies.
What you will do:
Booking of accrued music rights
- Review and booking of billing requests
- Booking of provisional and final accruals
Processing of invoices received from music label companies and right collection companies
- Matching invoices with accruals booked
- Booking of invoices in the accrual dedicated software and upload to the accounting software
- Booking of payments processed and invoice/payment matching
- Cleaning of prepaid expense and accrual accounts
- Creation of new suppliers and update of the supplier data base both in the accrual dedicated software and in the accounting software
Analysis and reporting
- Review and analysis of supplier accounts (analysis of balances, invoice/payment matching, foreign exchange impact, variations explained and request and litigation follow-up)
- Monthly cash forecast update
- Non-recurring analyses at management’s request
- Follow-up of minimum guaranteed amounts and advance payments to suppliers
- Supplier invoice saving
- Request and collection of tax residency certificates from suppliers (for the purpose of withholding tax)
- Calculation and payment of withholding tax on music rights on a quarterly basis
- Coordination with other Accounting team members and with members of the legal, operational and FP&A teams on a regular basis
- Involvement in process improvement and in projects relating to music rights booking
- Involvement in testing enhancements and upgrades of the accrual dedicated software
- Contribution to strengthen internal control
This role is excellent for a person with:
- A 2-year post A-level degree in accounting
- 3+ years of experience in Accounts Payable accounting in an international environment with several entities
- Experience in music right booking is a plus
- You are autonomous, rigorous, organized and you have a great team spirit
- You like challenges and you have analysis skills, which will allow you to work on a large portfolio of suppliers and with other teams
- You have a solid experience in using Sage FRP 1000 or an equivalent ERP
- You have solid skills in using desk tools and dedicated tools
- You can work in a fast moving and challenging environment
- You have excellent communication skills both in French and English
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
Life @ Deezer:
At Deezer, you can be your true self as we believe that #everyvoicematters. We strive to build an inclusive culture and foster a diverse environment. Because we care and want to ensure each employee feels welcome and safe at work, we continuously focus on fighting biases and helping diverse teams work well together through multiple learning opportunities, e-learnings and workshops right from the onboarding :
- Regular Diversity & Inclusion internal and external talks
- Dedicated employee work streams on Gender equity, Ethnicity & Culture, Disability and LGBTQ+
- Multiple e-learnings and mandatory training sessions for all managers
- English and French courses for all, so that everyone can connect and feel included
Beyond benefits like health insurance, meal vouchers and transportation, we offer you extra perks like:
- A Deezer premium family account for free
- Access to gym classes
- Deezer parties several times a year and drinks every thursday
- Allowance for sports, travelling and culture …
- Great offices always located in dynamic and attractive districts, whether in Paris, London, Berlin or Sao Paulo!
- Hybrid remote work policy
If you want to learn more about life and culture at Deezer, please visit our Welcome to the Jungle page here!