We are music and tech fans hailing from all over the globe, working to make Deezer the most personal music streaming service.
From data scientists to tech experts, artists & labels specialists to marketers, and even in-house music editors, our team is spreading the love for music to over 180 countries. Supporting local and international artists and bringing them closer to their fans is our mission - we believe music is about diversity, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? We're all ears.
UXR is integrated into the Product and Tech team at Deezer. We are a group of collaborative, holistic thinkers transforming insight into action with our cross-functional teams. We inspire great end-to-end experiences through thoughtful studies directly with our users and customers. We believe that human-centered decision-making processes lead to responsible design and greater impact on the users and the business.
How about you?
As the Head of User Research overseeing the full Deezer Experience, you are responsible for establishing a clear UXR vision and strategy that will inform and inspire the design direction and decisions for our key product areas in Deezer products. You will work with Product peers to ensure we’re building an ecosystem that enables our users to engage in the app, living strong emotions, sharing delightful experiences with others and making meaningful discoveries . You’re an expert in problem-solving, systems-thinking, relationship-building, and storytelling. You utilize a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills to help your talented teams operate at their highest and most effective level. You are motivated to develop others’ careers and enable success for a team of specialists. You are credible, confident, and articulate. You bring out the best in everyone you work with.
What you will do:
- Build and manage a high performing UX Research team (HR and mentoring).
- Create an open and collaborative culture based on trust in the UX Research team.
- Set clear expectations and goals for UX Researchers while holding them accountable for success.
- Provide clear, actionable feedback and support to develop and grow UX Researchers.
- Support your team's career development by ensuring: 1) they each have a Individual Growth Plan in place, 2) there are frequent check-ins on the plan, and 3) when applicable, special projects are being matched to support each team member's Individual Growth Plan.
Communication & Leadership
- Maintain an accurate and current understanding of the active UX Research projects being worked on by the team.
- Establish trust and build confidence with cross-functional partners and executive leadership (e.g., Design, Product, Engineering, and Product Marketing).
- Clear and succinct communication of insights for peers, partners, and executive leadership to influence strategy, product development and roadmaps.
- Work with other Deezer insight teams (Market Research, Data Analysis, Data Science, Customer Service) to coordinate strategies and triangulate across sources.
- Communicate, advocate for, and socialize actionable insights in a clear and compelling way.
- Regularly sync with Product Management Directors to understand strategy, discover blockers, manage quality, and help ensure UX Research prioritization.
- Build relationships with other managers across disciplines, and act as a liaison with teams throughout the wider organization that have ongoing research needs.
- Exert significant influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the UX Research team.
- Communicate strategic information to the team
- Co-construct the strategy of the research division with the team
- Build and develop your research toolkit to extend across all levels of complexity.
- Align with the current Product Management framework and iterate on the existing UXR process to optimize our discovery process and enhance collaboration between teams (UXR, Product, Tech, Design, BiDA)
- Demonstrate, explain, and teach others how to apply a range of research methods, understanding the balance and trade-offs between scrappy research and rigor.
- Personally initiate and conduct research projects to help build foundational knowledge of our Deezer users. Research should consist of a mix of problem validation, foundational research, and strategic research projects.
- Develop and utilize reusable research project prioritization approaches for UX Researchers to leverage within their own initiatives. Work with UX Researchers and Product in applying these approaches to ensure UX Researchers have a clear set of prioritized research projects.
- Actively seek out difficult impediments to our efficiency as a team (process, tooling, etc), and propose and implement solutions that will enable the entire team to work more efficiently.
- Actively contribute to the UX Research team culture, processes, and documentation.