WE ARE THE HOME OF MUSIC
From a French tech start-up created in 2007, Deezer has become one of the first French unicorns and the second largest independent music streaming platform in the world.
Now listed at the #Euronext #TechLeaders segment, growth is accelerating fueled by #Thepowerofmusic. Deezer is ideally positioned to play a key role in the continued development of the booming music streaming market. If you’re looking for an environment where you can grow and have an impact, this is the perfect time to join Deezer!
Our international and passionate teams are spreading the love for music, working to make Deezer the most personal and innovative music streaming service.
We believe music is about diversity & inclusion, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? Listen: **Join Us**
At deezer, we deeply care about our users and we aim at developing an even stronger user centred culture. To drive this ambition we are looking for our VP UX to join the team!
Reporting directly to our Chief Product and Technology Officer, you will be responsible for elevating the global user experience across all platforms and devices. To achieve this super exciting mission you won’t be on your own! You’ll lead the newly gathered UX Business Unit composed of UX passionate people: designers led by the Head of Product Design and user researchers led by the Head of User Research.
What you will do:
- Contribute to our ambitious vision & strategy, while never neglecting the day-to-day. Think big! Dare, be creative in the long run while being realistic on technical present constraints and offer solutions
- Be hands-on. You and your team are responsible to define and execute design and research strategy, roadmap and prioritisation in order to provide a delightful user experience. Be responsible for designing the Deezer product end-to-end, from mobile to desktop to connected devices consistently with Deezer strategy and audience in mind. We serve at the same time two distinct audiences - customers and artists.
- Champion the product vision across the business and in your teams, supporting them to make it a reality.
- Encourage an inclusive and open environment which makes space for diverse viewpoints and working styles, partnering with Product managers, engineers and data teams, and work very closely with the brand teams to understand and inspire what our brand is, suffusing it into the details of every user interaction.
- Support the projects and present them to the C-level management
- Drive, develop and inspire your team, be a mentor, help them learn grow, and build this new UX BU
- Build and follow the BU budget. Qualify the needs, define the plannings, prioritise the projects
- You are the voice of the latest UX trends and cutting-edge practices and are connected to the UX external community
This role is excellent for a person with:
- You have 10+ years of recent work experience within consumer technology companies or start-ups, with a user-focused approach to design
- You know how to work cross-functionally with multiple teams, as well as make your ideas and data clear to get everyone on the same page. You’re in tune with other leaders, continually sharing context, adjusting workflows and ensuring teams are moving toward solutions together
- You seek and offer genuine and constructive feedback, and lean into discussions with curiosity, humility, a willingness to understand and make things move forward
- You have a proven track record of managing and coaching a team eager to grow in a fast-paced environment
- Ideally, you have experienced not only creating from scratch, but helping applications evolve over time and changes
- You are able to partner with key stakeholders from all levels and functions (including VP, C-levels, external partners)
- You possess an engaging presentation style and excellent English written and oral communication skills
LIFE AT DEEZER
At Deezer, you can be your true self as we believe that #everyvoicematters. We strive to build an inclusive culture and foster a diverse environment. Because we care and want to ensure each employee feels welcome and safe at work, we continuously focus on fighting biases and helping diverse teams work well together through multiple learning opportunities, e-learnings and workshops right from the onboarding :
- Regular Diversity & Inclusion internal and external talks
- Dedicated employee work streams on Gender equity, Ethnicity & Culture, Disability and LGBTQ+
- Multiple e-learnings and mandatory training sessions for all managers
- English and French courses for all, so that everyone can connect and feel included
Beyond benefits like health insurance, meal vouchers, transportation, we offer you extra perks like:
- A Deezer premium family account for free
- Access to gym classes
- Deezer parties several times a year and drinks every thursday
- Allowance for sports, travelling and culture …
- Great offices always located in dynamic and attractive districts, whether in Paris, London, Berlin or Sao Paulo!
If you want to learn more about life and culture at Deezer, please visit our Welcome to the Jungle page here!